The platform mechanics are just on point. Not too technical, not too simple. Good Game!
A downloadable game for Windows
Daydreamour is an extremely short (~10 mins) platformer about a developer daydreaming about running. Jump and climb your way through a perilous factory!
--- PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASE ---
This game was made for a Locally Sourced game jam bundle in ~5 days using Unity. You can get this game, along with 13 other micro games and tabletop games made by the amazing Locally Sourced group, for a small price of $13 by purchasing the bundle in this link: (Locally Sourced Spring Bundle).
The game will get more content afterwards. For now, consider buying the bundle with the game included.
--- END ---
Struggling with a creative block, the developer needed something to jump-start their drive again. With a sigh, they opened a new tab in their browser and began scrolling through videos - something they usually do when they can't make any progress.
While watching a video, they noticed a peculiar parkour video being recommended. Curious, they pulled up the video. It was someone running through a factory, jumping off walls and avoiding dangerous, forgotten machinery with jumps of precision and timing. They were astounded by the prowess of the runner in the video.
Going down a rabbit hole of parkour videos, the developer could feel the creativity rushing in. Ideas of parkour filled their head and, like that, they got trapped in a state of daydreaming.
- Fixed window resolution of 960x540 (upscaled from 320x180)
- Controller support
- 10+ rooms to run and jump through
- Nice 1-bit pixel art
- 0.1 (game jam build)
- Arrow Keys Left + Right / Left Stick / D-Pad Left + Right - Move
- X / A (Xbox controller) / Cross (Dualshock) - Jump
- Esc / Options or Start (Dualshock) / Settings or Start (Xbox controller) - Pause Game
- Hold Arrow Key Down / Left Stick Down / D-Pad Down and Press X / A (Xbox controller) / Cross (Dualshock) - Drop Through One Way
- Press Direction Opposite of Wall and Jump Swiftly for far wall jump
- Camera shake doesn't happen on every death
- Camera has very slight weird movement on far edges of horizontal-scrolling rooms.
- Art & Programming, Design, Sounds by Jay 'Ihzzay' Wilson (Moon Metro Digital)
- Music is AI generated by Ecrett Music
- Studio Twitter: @moonmetrodigi
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $4 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Super simple platformer with some cute and appealing art. Would be nice if the pace was a little faster but overall very well done; especially for a jam game.
Thanks! I agree with the pacing. I definitely wanted to pace things better but not enough time! Will definitely improve the game in a update.
Really nice animations! Pretty smooth controls overall too. I think the wall sliding could use maybe a couple frames of "stick" after you press the opposite direction just to make jumping off walls feel a little smoother, but not many complaints beyond that. Really well done!
Thanks for playing! Funny thing is that the stick time was a bit longer initially but ending up decreasing it a bit for the final product! Will definitely implement a longer stick in an update!
Really polished, love the little dust particles and stuff. At times challenging, at times easy. Always love this type of platformer.